Application and Supporting Document Language Policies
translations of the original documents are necessary if they are not in
English. You cannot translate it yourself but need to arrange for an official
translation. All acceptable translations must be accompanied by an original
statement indicating the translator’s number and/or seal, name, address and
telephone number and that the translator belongs to one of the categories
Accepted translators include:
- Consulate, high commission or embassy to Canada of the country issuing the documents;
- Canadian embassy, consulate, or high commission in country you emigrated from;
- Translator accredited by a professional association of translators in Canada. In Manitoba, it is the Association of Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters of Manitoba at http://atim.mb.ca/;
- Translator who has received accreditation through a federal, provincial or municipal government in Canada.
Alternative Documents Policies
- If for reasons beyond the control of the applicant documents are inaccessible, the MDA will consider alternative documentation for the registration process on an individual case basis.