Application and Supporting Document Language Policies

Certified translations of the original documents are necessary if they are not in English. You cannot translate it yourself but need to arrange for an official translation. All acceptable translations must be accompanied by an original statement indicating the translator’s number and/or seal, name, address and telephone number and that the translator belongs to one of the categories listed below.

Accepted translators include:

  • Consulate, high commission or embassy to Canada of the country issuing the documents;
  • Canadian embassy, consulate, or high commission in country  you emigrated from;
  • Translator accredited by a professional association of translators in Canada. In Manitoba, it is the Association of Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters of Manitoba at; or
  • Translator who has received accreditation through a federal, provincial or municipal government in Canada.

Alternative Documents Policies

  • If for reasons beyond the control of the applicant documents are inaccessible, the MDA will consider alternative documentation for the registration process on an individual case basis.