Continuing Education

How to Submit Continuing Education Documents

The Manitoba Dental Association (MDA) is empowered through The Dental Association Act (The Act) to regulate the profession of dentistry and registered dental assisting in the Province of Manitoba. 

The MDA has established continuing competency requirements for the registration of registered dental assistants as outlined in the Bylaw for Registration and Certification of Registered Dental Assistants and the Bylaw for Continuing Education of Registered Dental Assistants. Please refer to these Bylaws for information on CE requirements and your CE cycle deadline.

Important reminders about self-entering of CE 


CPR Submissions

Please send CPR submissions directly to [email protected]


How to enter & check your CE record online


How to obtain CE credits

The MDA allows members to obtain continuing education credit, up to the maximums provided in the bylaw, through self study from an approved sponsor.

  • Websites* offering online dental continuing education include, but are not limited to:


Scanners are now being used to record CE hours for members at most MDA approved events.

  • If you are a registered dental assistant member and do not have a continuing education scan card, please contact the MDA office to request one.


*Reference to any specific commercial product, process or service, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement by the Manitoba Dental Association.