Hours of Work*: *Various* Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm
Job Posting No.: #2021-94
Reports to: Manager, Primary Health
*These hours are dependent on the operational requirements of the organization.
*May be required to work evenings (5:00 pm to 8:00 pm).
Mount Carmel Clinic is committed to equity and inclusion and has undertaken to increase responsiveness to Indigenous people by promoting a workforce that is representative of the participants and communities we serve. We encourage applications from Indigenous persons, those with lived experience and members of equity-seeking groups. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare in their application.
Under the leadership, direction and supervision of the Program Manager Primary Health the incumbent is responsible for providing oral health assessments, developing treatment plans and providing basic dental interventions in accordance with Manitoba Dental Association guidelines.
- Must be licensed and registered to practice dentistry in the Province of Manitoba
- Maintain continuing education levels according to Manitoba Dental Association requirements
Service Delivery Skills, Expertise and Experience
Focus on Results
- CPR certification at the Basic Rescuer Level
• Two years experience formulating treatment plans for individual patients and performing clinical treatment in a community care setting
• Experience working with dental assistants, dental therapist and dental hygienists performing extra and intra oral treatment procedures
• Proficient with electronic clinical documentation/charting
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (written & verbal)
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients and give clear treatment planning information and getting consent where language and other socio-cultural factors may present challenges
• Knowledge and understanding of inner city communities
• Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures and traditions
• Ability to work independently within an inter-disciplinary environment with respect, professionalism, cooperation, sensitivity and cultural skills
• Ability to work within the impacts of the social determinants of health in an effective and non-judgemental way
• Ability to work in a pro-choice community health facility in an inner city community and provide care using harm reduction principles
• Knowledge of the legacy of residential schools, colonization, assimilation, and the impacts of such history on the health of individuals
• Understanding of how culture and diversity influence the client service plan
• Ability to mentor, support, and work alongside students and volunteers
• Must have demonstrated acceptable attendance and job performance relevant to this position
• Must be able to adhere to the requirements of the Respectful Workplace Policy
• All positions are subject to Criminal Record and Child/Adult Abuse Registry check in accordance with Security Checks Policy and Procedures
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and focus work-related activities to effectively and efficiently achieve service goals and produce expected results/outcomes
Alignment with Organizational Values
Commitment to the principles that guide Mount Carmel Clinic, as reflected in the history, vision, mission and values
Commitment to Reconciliation
Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture and traditions and the impact of colonization on the health and well-being of Indigenous individuals and families
Interdisciplinary Team, Collaboration
Proven ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment with respect, professionalism, cooperation, sensitivity and cultural awareness
Strong knowledge, commitment and demonstrated ability to apply diversity, equity, cultural safety, pro-choice, social determinants of health, population health, harm reduction, trauma-informed and community development principles in all aspects of the work
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in the use of computer systems
All positions are subject to Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry checks. Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine the knowledge, skill and ability required for position.
Please submit Application here: https://mountcarmelclinic.humi.ca/job-board/primary+health/7897/apply?referer=https://mountcarmelclinic.humi.ca/job-board
This link can also be found under Employment Opportunities on our website: https://www.mountcarmel.ca/get-involved/work-with-us/#current-postings
We thank all applicants; however, we will only contact candidates who are selected & applied via link for the interview.
Mondays to Friday - 9am to 5pm. May be required to work evenings (5:00 pm to 8:00 pm).