MDA Member Login Password

Graduate of Domestic Non-Accredited or International Dental Assisting Program

Start Here

The Manitoba System
Dental assisting is a regulated profession in most provinces in Canada. This means that the profession sets its own standards of practice and that a regulator must authorize you to work as a dental assistant. Each province and territory has its own regulator and registration and licensing requirements.

In Manitoba, the profession is regulated by the Manitoba Dental Association (MDA).

The Government of Canada will review your dental assisting skills and experience, and may select you to immigrate if it is confident you can find work and contribute to the economy. But the Government of Canada cannot guarantee that you are qualified to work as a dental assistant in Manitoba. Only the Manitoba regulator—the Manitoba Dental Association (MDA)—can determine this through the registration and licensing process. 

Registration and Licensing
To legally practise dental assisting in Manitoba, you must be registered and licensed by MDA. To become registered and licensed by MDA, you must complete the registration and licensing process outlined in Graduate of International or Domestic Non-Accredited Dental Assisting Program.

Before you spend time and money on the registration and licensing process, contact one of these immigration authorities to ensure that you meet the immigration requirements:
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)