COVID-19 Updates

FAQs - Graduate of Non-Accredited Dental Specialty Program

1. I am a dentist specialist with experience in my home country. Can I practise my dental specialty in Manitoba?

You must complete the Registration and Licensing process outlined on this website to be eligible to practise dentistry in Manitoba.

2. How do I determine if I am a graduate of an accredited or non-accredited dental program?

Canada recognizes only:

3. How long does it take to complete the registration and licensing process and how much does it cost? 

The registration and licensing process can take up to three years to complete. Estimated costs are up to $64,600. The cost varies depending on the institution you select for your Dental Specialty Assessment and Training Program (DSATP). Visit  Process Overview for details.

4. For questions regarding STEP 1: DSATP (Dental Specialty Assessment and Training Program):  

Visit University of Alberta  and  University of Toronto.

5. For questions regarding STEP 2: NDSE (National Dental Specialty Examination):  

Visit the Royal College of Dentists of Canada (RCDC).

6. What other related career options do I have in Manitoba? 

Visit Working in Canada to explore the registration and licensing requirements for these related careers: Dentist, Denturist, Dental Hygienist and Dental Therapies, Dental Technologist